People of every age group love donuts. This holey snack is not just limited to the breakfast menu as its different flavors and frostings have brought donuts on every menu. One must have never thought of such fried bread dessert with frostings and toppings. There have been many changes in the flavors of donuts and people have lost count on the innumerable flavors available in the stores these days. This post will help you to know the history of donuts. There are numerous donuts serving ideas that can make it look more delicious. You can even combine it with cold milk or the all-time favorite coffee.
Everyone has sweet childhood memories when it comes to donuts. You can find donuts shop at every corner of the street. We all have some flavors that we find at different shops. If you are new to donuts or you are in search of some exotic donuts flavors then you should do a little search online. Donuts have been found in many museums. Earlier the donuts were just dipped in sugar crystals but these days you will find the most delightful flavors for which you need to thank donuts shops and chefs who have created such flavors.
If you are in Waco and you are craving for donuts then you must prefer Shipley donuts in Waco TX. You can go online and look for their menu and locate the nearest store near you. Here comes the history of donuts.
- The doughnut got its name in the early nineteenth century. These were given the name doughnuts because the sweet dough was fried in fat and hence it got its name as doughnut. The nut word is used for the round cookie fried in fat.
- Coming to the mid of nineteenth century the New England ship’s captain mother made him the sugary treats with the flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg. People thought that it is a way to store pastries for longer time on their journey. His mother also added some walnuts in the dough.
- The donuts were first used in books in a printed edition. The book was published in 1900 in which the man says that he would prefer coffee along with donut. The donut got its name from the newspaper articles. This is how the doughnut turned into donuts but the flavors were still the same.
- Then was the evolution of donut machine. When a refugee started selling fried bread from the baker but due to large demand, he was forced to invent donuts machine for making tastier rings.
- After these donuts have seen more improvement and more professional sellers. One of them is Kreme’s donuts. These stores were raising high at that time. The donuts were also used in World fair as a food hit in Century of progress. After that they became more popular in World War 2nd. At that time, the women of the red cross were known as donut dollies who doled out donut so perfectly.
These are some facts about donuts or doughnuts.